309394808_460391016125919_1771023490719657585_n.jpg

Come Visit Us!

The Mercer County Historical Society, in Aledo, Illinois, was formed in 1955 and opened to the public in 1959. It is named for the parents of E.L. Essley, who donated the funds to build the museum. Here at the museum we also have a one-room schoolhouse. Thousands of artifacts are on display at the museum from years gone by. Many of our artifacts and machinery are from the 1800's.

We offer a wealth of amazing research opportunities for historians and individuals interested in genealogy and learning more about the past.

Board of Directors

Debbie Spengler

Ronn Dillavou

President

Beverly Gray

Vice-President

Bill Bertrand

Hugh Brown

Taylor Finch-McVay

Dave Frieden

Paul Hampton

Donna Gresch

Secretary

Rex Johnson

Treasurer

Jim Holmes

Scott Petrie

Judy Redlinger

Lois Retherford

Jon Swanson

Saturday Host

Museum Curator

Dennis Henderson